Updated: Jan 31, 2021
I have always been fond of words. I like how there are words to describe really specific feelings, thoughts and emotions. So, naturally, I also happen to like quotes too. My bedroom walls are filled with them. Some I’ve picked up from books, others I stumbled across on the internet and others are things that friends and family have said to me that I felt like I needed to remember.
And wouldn’t you know it! I, of course, have ones about long distance and military relationships. I wanted to share them because they have really helped me out at times and gave some of the best advice and motivation.
1. “Love can not be measured by how long you wait. It’s about how well you understand why you are waiting.”
2.”Distance means so little when someone means so much.”
3.”Distance does not ruin a relationship. Doubts do.”
4.”How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
-Winnie the Pooh
5.“Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough…”
6.”Loving a military man is not hard. The distance is hard, the worry is hard, the sacrifices are hard. But loving him? That’s the easiest thing I have ever done.”
7. “The Pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.”
8. “I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.”
9. “We loved with a love that was more than love.”
-Edgar Allan Poe
10. “Every, day, hour, minute and second you are closer to being together again.”
11. “You are my sun, my moon and all my stars.”
12. “You are powerful, beautiful, brilliant and brave.”
13. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. "
14. Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
15. “Life is tough my darling, but so are you.”
– Stephanie Bennet Henry
16. "Anything worth having is worth waiting for.”
17. "True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.”
18. “Distance means so little when someone means so much.”
19. “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce.” -Vivian Komori
20. "I exist in two places, here and where you are."
Have any good quotes you like? Share ’em with me!!